Monday, February 23, 2009

First Thing I Do After Recovering From a Cold

I spent nearly all of last week with a monster cold and was in desperate need of some fresh air and adventure. We went up to Callahan, about a 1.5 hour drive away, where a friend invited us to help him take some hogs off his hunting lease. As you can see below, we had success. I was hoping to take something with a bow, but I ended up using my .243 to harvest a fine little boar-hog. These guys were about 50-60 lbs and fairly young. I gotta admit, hogs are A LOT harder to shoot because they move around like Pac-Man while deer tend to stay still for a long time! No way I'm going to take a hog with a back-tension release on my compound! It was really neat going into a pine plantation and realizing that I still remembered the materials from the forest mensuration class I TA'ed last year.



No comments: