Monday, October 27, 2008

Emptying the Camera


The typical visitor to this one tree-stand: a bear. My camera wasn't quite working so I could only get him as he was departing. I've recognized at least 3 different individual bears that have come by this stand.

First deer ever at the Bear Stand. I was trying to get a picture of this doe and then the camera malfunctioned by beeping and flashing despite the fact that I told it not to. I still got a good picture of her going "What the frequency...??" She also had a spotted fawn (born very late season) with her and there was a small 3 or 4 point buck not far behind her. I was hoping to get the others with the camera but with the fawn following her after my camera acted up and the buck taking the path further back and a camera that decided to die on me afterwards, well, no pictuers besides her. I suspect this doe to be somewhat older and possibly wounded in the past because her ribs were sticking out somewhat, her head's bigger in proportion than most of the others I've seen, and she had patches of missing fur. Even if she presented herself broad-side, I couldn't have shot her because I'm tagged out and am only allowed to shoot hogs and coyotes or provide a mercy-killing to this one particular doe with an arrow sticking out of her with my .243 rifle during muzzle-loader season.

Chek-Mate Crusader 60 yards, Black Hawk Hunter Series 2000 (35-45 lbs)

Chek-Mate Crusader 30 yards, Black Hawk Hunter Series 2000 (35-45 lbs)

No comments: