Sunday, August 10, 2008

TBoF Fall Shoot 2008

As always, just click on the title for the full set of pictures at their "natural" quality -- I only posted selected pictures on this entry but there's a lot more really good ones on my website. I also have all of the pictures here on my Webshots site.

Attendance was really light this time around for various reasons but it was quite a fun event. I enjoyed not being backed up and being able to go from target to target. Of course, it does help when I shoot reasonably well too! I took my Chek-Mate Crusader T/D longbow (as of yet un-named but it should be "named" shortly) -- a nice 64", 48 lbs @ 28" reflex-deflex longbow that's just all-around comfortable to shoot. Usually I'll compete in the traditional class, which is recurve and/or non-plant (bamboo is a grass) arrows but this time I felt like mixing things up. I broke a handful of my previous records:

Total Score: 405 Previous High: 400
Minimum Number of Misses per Round: 1 Previous Low: 3
Total Misses Overall: 8 Previous Total: 11
Maximum Score in Single Round: 150 Previous High: 140
Number of Arrows Lost/Broken: 0 Previous Low: 2

So yeah, I shot really well overall, even if I wasn't able to pull ahead of my other half like I sometimes do with either of my recurves or Sparrowhawk!

Once I get around to it, I plan to start posting some reviews for the various bows I shoot. Of course, there's always a nice salt shaker full of salt to take with my reviews with because what works (or doesn't work) for me may completely back-fire on someone else.









2 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

Great blog, wonderful to find a fellow archer and outdoors woman, I am just starting in the sport of archery, and plan on hunting this season,(with a longbow) My husband and boys have always loved archery, I have enjoyed browsing your site. very fun! thanks for sharing and feel free to stop by

Cylithera said...

Awesome! I'll definitely check out your blog once I get a break from the chaos known as being a grad student!