Thursday, May 08, 2008

Haven't Done This in a While

It's been ages since I last did a full 300 round. I finally got my draw weight checked and apparently I took off a lot more weight than I thought. I thought I took out about 4-5 lbs but turned out I took out 8 lbs. Apparently 2.5 turns = 10 lbs so go figure, although I have to admit, 60+ shots with a back-tension release does get pretty tiring! For me, 50 lbs with a caliper release feels a whole lot better than 42 lbs with a back-tension release, but I do like my wrist and I am looking into a release that fits my hand a lot better. I'm trying experiments on myself again, hence my quasi-return to the back-tension release. Let's see what comes of it. For someone rusty though, 285/300 with 25/60 in the X and 1 that completely missed the target (I blame the cell phone for that one) isn't too shabby when my best score was something like 290/300 with 33/60 in the X and no misses.





No comments: