Thursday, July 19, 2007

Super Piggy: 99 Me: 1




Remember that little javelina I had a picture of in my last post? Well, it took out one of my arrows yesterday at 3D practice. Right now Sorondil-Telcontar and I seem to be having a bit of a spat (darn, what did I do wrong? I waxed the string and watched my form and spined the arrows right!) but anyway, I took a shot at Super-Pig with my friends from behind the bushes to simulate TBoF conditions. Super-Pig is hard enough to hit from the green (and even the yellow stake) but from behind the bushes somewhere between the green and blue stakes was even harder. I had trouble identifying a good spot to hit and finally settled on a safe, reliable butt-shot. Only problem was, I forgot that I was a lot further out than usual and hit Super-Pig in the leg. In the blink of an eye, I saw sparks and aluminum shrapnel flying about and my arrow flew into the air and into the thicket behind. A few minutes later after my friends and I searched for my arrow, the following returned to me: an 1816 I lost at the tournament, a pair of 1814s I lost at another tournament, and most of the 1814 that shattered on Super-Pig's leg. Suffice to say, that shot provided my buddies with some serious entertainment!

No comments: