Friday, November 17, 2006

November Update


It's been a while since I've last posted -- life has been pretty exciting ever since I started training heavily in compound bow and trying to get all my term projects nailed down. My most recent archery accomplishment was on Tuesday morning where I nailed all 4 arrows in the X-ring (arrow only needs to be tangent to the line) from 15 yards. I never got a perfect 20 with 4 X's -- I've had 20s with 1-2 X's, but never 4! I was extremely excited, especially considering I was having some trouble calibrating my sight earlier and my arrows are both over-weight and over-spined for me! The only complaint was that I was all by myself when it happened, but heck, at least I had my camera with me! I can only imagine what I can do with my Equalizer once I hit about 47-50 lbs draw weight, get properly spined arrows for it, and keep practicing... ;)

Besides shooting, I've been sneaking in some time writing. Telcontar is still being cleaned up after my initial posting but once I get to a new stopping point, I'll post an updated version. The third part is also in progress. I have no title as of yet, but let's just say it may be a very long time before Part 3 shows up because I've got so much on my plate with my research, proposals, and trying to survive classes along with my need to be outdoors.

No comments: