Thursday, September 21, 2006

Great Laughs

This entry is linked to a website I'm really enjoying lately. It's still a poor substitute for roaming around in the wilds with my trusty little Chek-Mate, but at least it's keeping me from doing too much damage to my walls.

I usually hate rap and hip-hop, but MrSafety Professional Idiot is a lot more palatable than most of the other stuff I get exposed to. His songs and stunts defy description -- you've just got to watch it to see why I enjoy his videos so much. I think the more tasteless and annoying the music is, the more likely I am to gravitate towards it. Consider... my favorite bands are Depeche Mode, Moenia, Erasure, O-Zone, and ABBA ... and I have a real weakness for bagpipes. I also have a particular fondness for Beavis & Butthead and South Park along with the adventure epics involving archery, nature, swords, and sorcery.

And what's wrong with appreciating toilet humor, a good hunting story, or even a good technical discussion? For some reason, there's some kind of really annoying social stigma against someone who appreciates the crude and violent... at least if you're female and Asian. And why is there so much social stigma about necessary digestive functions?

No comments: