Sunday, January 07, 2024

USA Archery Indoor Nationals 2024 1/n

 I survived the 2024 USA Archery Indoor Nationals! Score-wise, it was a lackluster performance to put it mildly.  In terms of enjoyment and fulfillment, it was probably the best Indoor Nationals I have ever done. I shot with some of the finest people ever, including a fellow traditional archer who loves Tolkien, a good-humored Olympic recurve archer, and a fellow geek on the next target.

The lesson from the weekend: Albuterol, Prednisone, and archery DO NOT mix! It's even worse when caffeine (after a few months of abstinence) gets thrown into the mix. I learned that the hard way as my brain and my eyes were spinning like a cartoon. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised to see most of my arrows actually stayed on the paper other than maybe 1-2 arrows the entire weekend. The other lesson: while cough drops are amazing for controlling coughing, they also wreak havoc on the digestive system, and these were even with the non-sugar-free ones.  Luckily, I didn't have to deal with digestive issues during the tournament! 
















No comments: