Saturday, January 11, 2020

Unbroken Ocala

I didn't really get any photography at Unbroken Ocala, but I did get some filming and photography done by my buddy T. Harris on the Hercules Hold, which I did rather fatigued so I didn't last too long. Plus with me getting ready for an archery event next week, I DO like my hands in decent shape!



I also did three other stations, limiting myself due to safety concerns.  I completed a 400 meter run in 1:46, which was pretty good for me and apparently was the fastest female time in the day.  There was Grace, which was 30 clean & jerks at 65 lbs for scaled females, and I completed in a shade over 3 minutes, although my form did go into the toilet.  Best part of that one was I heard Coach J's voice through the ENTIRE workout reminding me of all the cues I've had, including "chest up", "explode at the pocket", "slow and controlled dip", "bring knees back under bar", and "breathe" along with seeing him standing there staring and grinning at me on the last few reps when things were starting to get a little blurry.  The final workout was scaled Diane, which was 21-15-9 of 95 lb deadlifts and chest-to-deck push-ups.  I completed that one in a bit shy of 3 minutes, think the judge told me something like 2:45, which is pretty darned good for me.  Again, I kept hearing Coach J's voice in my head reminding me to keep my movement tight and controlled.  He's definitely gotten into my skull! 

There may be some other pictures coming in if Valkyrie Photography caught me off-guard!

No comments: