Monday, October 09, 2017

Black and White Warbler

After a rather satisfying day in Barbell Club at my second home, which included multiple snatches at 65 and 70 lbs as well as comfortably doing three consecutive 145 lb back squats (approximately 75% of my 1RM), I made a new friend...


This little guy was flopping around on the ground while lying on his back, and if I hadn't been careful, he could have ended up in far worse shape.  I knelt down to investigate, and next thing I knew, he decided to perch on my hand.  He stayed there for a good 10 minutes before flying up onto a ledge above the box entrance.


The little guy rested up there for another 5-10 minutes before flying off into the evening sky.  Hopefully he made it home all right after his little accident with a window.  My guess is that his prognosis is pretty good because his wings appeared to be fully functional, even if he needed some time and a bit of clearance from predators and klutzes!



No comments: