Saturday, November 21, 2015

Form Work: Up Close and Personal

Most of my work today was at 9m so I could put most of my focus on my form, particularly at anchor and aiming.

 Below is the end of the first 30 arrows of a 60 arrow indoor round, but at 9 meters. If I could pull this off at 18 meters consistently with a longbow, I would be in archer's heaven. I finished with 257/300, which isn't too bad!
 Below: 10-10-10. I scored a 30/30, even if they were rather close, especially that top one. It just barely squeaked onto the line to give me the higher score!

 This was my second 30 arrows, where I finished with a 260/300, again at 9 meters instead of the standard 18.  My 9 meter composite was 517/600, which would have been the ultimate score for a longbow archer if I had pulled it off at 18 meters instead of 9!
 Compare and contrast - left is first 30, right is second 30.  I did this to examine temporal trends to see if my early game and late game were significantly different. Analysis is still pending...
 And I attempted a 30 arrow round at 18 meters just to see how things translated.  That was pretty darned good for moderately fatigued! I did shoot the equivalent of a full FITA round today, but I had many unscored shots for form work and/or sighting in.  I'd say it was a darned good day with Xibalba! A 209/300 on a 3 spot target with a longbow that could've been 219/300 if I had all the rings is something I'd be very proud of! Now to clean up my form to see if I can bring my average into the 230-240 range and keep it there... or even in the 250-260 range! Then again, I think the 270s was an extreme good day for the Olympic recurve...

No comments: