Sunday, April 19, 2015

In the Shadow of the Monstro-Murk

There's not too many other colorful and accurate ways to describe threatening storm clouds besides bringing up a Rainbow Brite allusion...

 This is my warm-up target for blank-baling. This thing is one of my best friends to help me reinforce better habits when I shoot and cool down after practice. I need to install one of these at home!
 My first sighted-in end ... well... part of one at any rate. The first three arrows were off the target butt. I didn't realize how far I had to move my sight in this 20-40 km/hr wind!
 Not too shabby for being blown around like a rag doll and having to let down my shot several times! So glad I got to shoot with fellow recurve archers who understand that some of us need to let down our shots periodically!
 This was another pretty darned good group once the winds really, really picked up.
And there's the Monstro-Murk threatening to rain down upon us!

No comments: