Saturday, May 24, 2014

And Another One Bites the Dust!

Pine board, meet thy doom! Hand included in the picture to give an approximate scale. Any guesses as to how this board met its eternal fate?
I had way too much fun demonstrating Taeguk Yuk-Jang, variations on roundhouse kicks, knife-hand high section blocks, reverse outside high section blocks, punches, and ultimately destroying the above-displayed pine board with a spinning roundhouse kick. At first I didn't even feel anything when my foot made contact with the board... then I was convinced that I kicked the entire board out of the instructor's hands and sent it flying almost to the mirrors from about 4 meters away... then I saw the other piece in the instructor's hand and then that's when I realized I *did* break the board on the first shot. All in a good day's demonstration among friends!

No comments: