Monday, January 13, 2014

International Round at Citrus, Round 2

I completed my second International Round at Citrus Archers with a 118/300, which is a significant improvement over my last round. I shot with an amazing and fun group of younger folks who made even the worst shots and groups something to grin about.

Oops at 55 yards. My initial guess was a bit off apparently. I forgot that I had to incorporate a pretty significant left offset and that colder temperatures do require me to aim significantly lower.

 Look at the penetration on that piece of wood at 55 yards! Just imagine the horror of the compound shooters knowing that the midget with a 25" draw length on a 46 lb (@ 28") longbow can still pull this stunt off!
 Who shot the compounds and who shot the longbow at 20 yards?
UF archery practice, 20 meters. If I could do this *consistently* with my longbow in competition, I'd be in amazing shape! Those 3-spot targets are brutal but I enjoy them! This was at the end of the day after approximately 200 arrows.

No comments: