Sunday, November 04, 2012

Wolves and Foxes!

 Two amazing wolves (Canis lupis) who were nice enough to let me get a picture with them. Later on they'd also try to get to know me. Minquah (the larger one in the front) and Sage (the female in the back) were definitely super-friendly wolves once the crowds calmed down! There's many more pictures that the tour guides took of these two interacting with me that should be coming in any time.
 Nothing like a cute Arctic fox to pet! I still have a hard time that some of our smaller dogs are descendants of wolves and not foxes.
It's really neat getting to see a grey fox (Urocyon cineroargentis) up close and in person as well as petting one. There were two others in this enclosure but the other two were darting about and chasing each other. I was a bit surprised at how little they really are but then again, after seeing the Arctic fox and the wolves and even the red foxes (Vulpes vulpes)

No comments: