Friday, December 23, 2011

Wanna Try These?

I dug these up in my training notebook and thought I'd put them here as well as on my other blog. I personally favor timed circuits like the one right below, partially because it encourages me to be a bit more aggressive, partially because I have way too much fun playing rough with an intriguing creature with an extremely strong, driving personality who inspires me to push myself that much harder and let him know that I can be just as tough as he is, if not tougher. This was a single pass, which is a bit different from the usual increasing reps I'm used to from this critter, and it inspired quite a bit of grumbling and groaning from the other three people who did this with me.

The next three were all part of a single workout, none were timed and were generally at a relatively relaxed pace. The fellow who gives these circuits is extremely laid-back and doesn't exactly inspire the urge to show off or to be aggressive, but it's still challenging in its own ways. It's a good thing my time as a TA has trained me to decipher all sorts of different hand-writings or I probably would've had to knee-cap someone for writing illegibly. Actually I've seen far worse handwriting than this, mine included, but when there's sweat on my glasses and in my eyes, it does get a little hard to read and remember.


These three circuits didn't feel too tough actually even if other people were convinced that even one of those was going to kill them. Of course, being a lot more focused on form and not having someone barking orders to go faster and harder makes a difference too. They're not too much different from the circuits I do on myself periodically, just a little more emphasis on endurance than bulking up than I tend to do.

So... does anyone want to join me for a bit of running, squatting, push-ups, burpees, and maybe some barbell work? ;)

No comments: