Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shooting Like a Caffeinated Pomeranian

I've learned a few things this weekend shooting the FAA Indoor Championships.

-- Decongestants to avoid trouble with boogers are NOT worth the jitteriness and shakiness. Not to mention the inability to actually hold and follow-through on the shot.
-- Cold medicine effects can still be felt the next day and make the target dance around.
-- Shooting immediately after severe illness also makes the target move a whole lot more.

Apparently my form generally held throughout the two rounds I shot today though, at least that's what one of the coaches at Newberry told me. Aside from a shaky bow-hand and being a little off-beat in my timing, most of my form was pretty solid as far as setting up the shot, transferring, holding, expanding, and following through went. My biggest problem was the fact that I couldn't hold my hand steady enough... so I usually did hit what I aimed at, just that I wasn't always aiming where I was supposed to.

I still had an awesome time with friends even if I looked (and felt) like roadkill on Friday evening and shot like a caffeinated, doped-up Pomeranian all weekend.




No comments: