Monday, June 30, 2008

Bass Fishin' After a Liquid Afternoon

Despite a rather stormy afternoon and being more than a bit tender from what can only be described as an epic feat that combined capoiera, bike racing, hap ki do, and gymnastics, I was still able to catch 3 bass at Orange Lake on Friday. My boyfriend's brother-in-law invited us to go fishing in his airboat and of course, we accepted. One thing I realized about some of the bait (rubber worms) we used was that it reminded me a lot of the following foods: Shiritaki noodles (the ultimate in low carb, low calorie pasta), gummi critters, and jellyfish tentacles. I think I still prefer to shoot at fish with a bow, but there's something inherently amusing about casting and watching the bait skim at the top of the water and seeing fish attack the bait.

No comments: