Thursday, August 04, 2005

Preliminary Argonium Material

Well... it's the night before I leave for Montreal for the annual Ecological Society of America conference... which should produce an interesting blog entry in itself, at least with my luck. One thing though is that I've finally had the guts to post some really preliminary Argonium material, at least non-embarassing stuff for someone with very limited training in composition and singing... and practically none in the harp. This includes a song where I wrote the lyrics but very loosely borrowed the melody line from a song that I can't get out of my head. With luck, the creative bug will be with me in Montreal (hopefully not while I'm presenting on carbon flux modelling or presiding over boreal/tundra nutrient cycle talks!) so I can really have some fun with Side-Project Argonium.

I have to admit, if I EVER had to leave science/engineering, I would want to dive into music. It's so much fun and it's a great stress relief! I know I'm probably going to remain in blissful obscurity, but hey, it's more for the fun than anything else. As that cliched saying goes... "Sing (or play other instrument) as if nobody's hearing!"

No comments: