Saturday, September 19, 2026

Iron Legion Open Championship 2026

 Today is the end of an era that lasted a bit over 3 years under the watchful eye of R. Allen, who has become more than just another strength coach I met at Iron Legion. This kid adopted a displaced Olympic weightlifter and somehow turned me into a powerlifter. 


The meet was pretty successful considering I had the roughest preps ever, including teacher certification exam, two nightmare classes over the summer, caregiving duties, and two rounds of antibiotics very close to the meet. I still got 7/9 with a total of 292.5 kg, tying my past PR. My squats were 95, 102.5, and 110 kg, all successful. The 110 kg was also a PR, up 5 kg from my last PR in March. Bench was a 2/3. My opener of 55 kg was successful, but my initial 57.5 kg attempt was a miss, and then I got it the next try. And then the deadlift, which has been struggling for over a year, also camein 2/3. My opener of 115 kg was a success, as was my second attempt at 125 kg. Then 130 kg almost made it, but I had a bit of downward movement and didn't lock out properly. 









No comments: